In a 140-character world, it’s all about fast and easy combined with short attention spans. I get that as we explore new editorial genres at SMB Nation in 2016 including how to start over as an MSP in an era transforming technology business models.
So I share with you perhaps the fastest and easiest way to pivot your professional practice from yesterday to tomorrow: Workspace as a Service (WaaS).
I fancy myself as having two feet on the street and not just being a talking head analyst. Ergo I’m going to demo and review NetConnect, an emerging WaaS solution, right here right now.
Logon and GO!
- First, you will logon to the demonstration site here.
- Use the demo account (the user name and password are auto-populated)
- Next you will be presented with a “workspace” that is a paradigm shift of sorts for many users. There are common applications presented including the Microsoft Office apps.
- Open Excel and create a spreadsheet listing your calorie schedule for a day, as an example. Close Excel.
You will be returned to the WebTop.
- Click Desktop. This is the “true” NetConnect experience. This is shown in Figure 1.
- Open Google Chrome and go to www.smbnation.com for grins. Close Google Chrome.
- And that’s it.
Basically NetConnect and it’s WaaS solution takes the desktop computing approach we tried years ago at Cloud Nation to a new level. It’s faster, simpler and cheaper than the remote desktop solution Cloud Nation promoted via the Citrix Receiver approach. When you sign-up as a NetConnect partner here, you can reinvent yourself in under an hour as a WaaS solution provider. It’s that easy.
You can learn more about NetConnect by watching two webinars we recently hosted about this WaaS solution: