Ooma earlier this week announced the launch of Ooma Office, its first product specifically designed to address the needs of small businesses. Ooma Office, shipping Q2 2013, delivers a big business phone service to small businesses with advanced features and service quality typically found in far more expensive options.
Currently, small businesses spend upwards of $100 a month for each line of phone service. In contrast, Ooma Office costs just $19.99 per line each month for unlimited calling in the U.S. and Canada.
Ooma Office helps small businesses communicate more effectively through features that inspire confidence and professionalism. Key features of Ooma Office include:
· Virtual Receptionist: Automatically greets and directs incoming calls and answers differently during business and non-business hours.
· Big Business Feature Set: Provides all business necessities including extension dialing, music-on-hold, ring groups, conference bridges, virtual numbers and many other features.
· Wireless Workplace: Ooma Linx remote phone jacks utilize DECT 6.0 technology to allow easy installation and a wire-free workplace.
· Voice Quality: HD Voice technology delivers crystal-clear calls
· Easy Line Expansion: Capable of hosting up to 10 lines and five phone extensions.
· Compatibility: Works with analog telephones (no expensive SIP phones needed) and fax machines. Small business owners can also choose to use their existing phone number or select a new phone number at no extra charge.
· 24/7 Customer Support: Easy do-it-yourself setup backed with 24/7 support.
Of course, most valuable to many small businesses is keeping remote workers connected to the office. According to Forrester Research, 95 percent of very small businesses (VSBs) have mobile employees and only half of VSBs operate from a single office. Ooma Office keeps mobile workers connected with up to 15 virtual extensions, routed to external numbers, allowing them to service customers whenever and wherever.
The Ooma Office starter pack has a MSRP of $249.99 and includes the Ooma Office Base Station and two Ooma Linx remote phone jacks to support up to three phone extensions. The starter pack is expandable to five phone extensions with the purchase of additional Ooma Linx devices.