Logicalis US yesterday released a list of the top BYOD concerns of enterprise IT Professionals, based on responses from their customers. The company cites the growing trend of BYOD, particularly through reports from MobileIron and Cisco, which found that 78% of white collar workers in the US use their mobile devices to work, while for 60%, the mobile device is the primary work tool.
“Our IT customers have outlined widespread concerns. They need help preparing their network to support the additional bandwidth requirements of employee-owned mobile devices; they need help reviewing their IT security policies and developing a network access strategy that keeps their valuable enterprise data safe; and they need help implementing a mobile device management (MDM) strategy that can provide complete provisioning, configuration, monitoring and reporting for connecting BYOD mobile devices,” explained Mike Johnson, Director of Communication and Collaboration Architectures, Logicalis US, yesterday. “Delivering on the promise of mobility at a level that meets their enterprise users’ expectations can be done. The key is to combine industry best practices with common sense strategies.”
A few of the top IT concerns currently faced by IT Professionals include:
- Creation of policy criteria and enforcement of BYOD rules.
- Security across the entire network.
- Maintaining network performance that will enable employees to work smoothly.
- How to simplify the current onboarding process for devices.
- Data protection and data loss prevention solutions.
- Management of an increasing number of connected devices.
- Ability to offer choice while supporting security for each device type.
To address these concerns, Logicalis has developed a site with toolkits, solution options and guides on BYOD. Please visit the site here for more information.