Just about a week or so after completing its acquisition of business service management company Zyrion, Kaseya has again picked up another company, this time its Rover Apps, a provider of cloud solutions that enable users to securely work with enterprise resources using their personal devices without giving up complete control of the device to the enterprise. Terms of the acquisition are undisclosed.The acquisition of Rover Apps will allow Kaseya to provide security for mobile BYOD users using a secure containerized approach. MSPs and enterprises can now secure their corporate information on mobile devices without affecting users’ personal data. Capabilities of the Rover Apps solution include:
· Secure access to corporate applications, business email and document editing on mobile devices without any risk of corporate data leaks.
· Isolation of business data from personal data on the mobile device.
· Central management and control of users, policies and data access.
· Central control of corporate data and the ability to wipe it clean on users’ devices, without affecting their personal data.
· Complete security of the enterprise network from user-downloaded personal applications, because only secure containers can reach the enterprise network.
· Same-day deployment allows businesses to immediately begin seeing the benefits of the solution.
“Our acquisition of Rover Apps enables us to deliver a comprehensive and unique solution to address the mobile BYOD security and management needs of our MSP and enterprise customers,” said Yogesh Gupta, CEO of Kaseya. “Business is rightfully concerned about the security of its corporate data and networks when users access business systems using their personal mobile devices. And users do not want to give IT departments the ability to control and destroy personal information on the devices they own. The containerized approach of our solution perfectly satisfies the needs of both constituents.”
The Rover Apps solution is available in two versions on a mobile device:
· Secure Web Browser for secure access to corporate intranets and web apps.
· Secure Mobile Suite, which adds secure email, secure document access and editing.