Earlier this week, HP announced its pledge to assist government agencies to maximize storage investments with new offerings that include the next generation of its MSA entry disk array, enhancements to the HP StoreEasy Storage portfolio and a new program for HP channel partners.
The new HP MSA 2040 Storage system simplifies management and improves performance up to four times faster than traditional external disk storage solutions. The enhanced HP StoreEasy Storage portfolio enables SMBs to efficiently manage and protect increasing amounts of file data without the need for special skills.
These solutions are available under HP's new Simply StoreIT program. This program offers training, marketing and incentives for HP channel partners to quickly address their small and midsized customers' challenges and pursue new revenue opportunities.
The new HP MSA 2040 Storage is the first array in its class to offer 16 gigabit Fibre Channel connectivity,(3) the MSA 2040 is built to support increased demand. This bandwidth, along with a high-performance controller and SSD performance, supports increasing workloads and maximizes dollar per input/output operation. As a result, customers will:
- Reduce data center footprint and energy costs with support for more virtual machines on less hardware.
- Protect existing investments and speed deployment with a unique data-in-place upgrade feature that allows customers on the previous MSA generation to simply move existing disk drives into the new HP MSA 2040.
- Maximize existing resources with a simple management interface that server administrators currently use with HP ProLiant and HP BladeSystem servers.
Integrating with Microsoft Windows infrastructure, the enhanced HP StoreEasy Storage portfolio enables customers to store, manage and protect unstructured data for thousands of concurrent users. It also provides persistent file and application availability. New enhancements allows customers to:
- Reduce administrative time by simplifying creation of new volumes and optimizing capacity with a new provisioning tool.
- Lower costs and improve capacity planning by examining existing file shares on local or remote systems, and predicting the capacity space savings delivered by HP StoreEasy's native deduplication.
- Ensure data availability with integrated snapshot management for quick file recovery.
- Enhance productivity with a new wizard that accelerates configuration of clustered HP StoreEasy 3830 Gateways.
- Deliver turnkey data protection for HP StoreEasy 1000/5000 and manage cloud data protection needs with optional HP Data Protector and HP Autonomy LiveVault.
New to the HP Just Right IT program, which spans servers, storage, networking and services, is the HP Simply StoreIT Program. This program provides solution guides and reference architectures for HP channel partners and SMB customers to accelerate solution delivery. These solution assets target specific challenges in the critical areas of virtualization, backup and data protection, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server, and file consolidation.
The new HP Simply StoreIT Program will be launched in coordination with HP's distribution partners. It includes tools, resources and incentives to help channel partners accelerate time to revenue with HP storage solutions. Tools include quote and configuration templates, cobranded lead-generation assets, training and materials designed to increase sales opportunities.
Dual-controller MSA 2040 configurations begin at $11,470, with worldwide availability through HP and its channel partners expected to begin in July. HP StoreEasy Storage enhancements are available at no charge to existing and new customers starting in June.