CA Technologies has enhanced its CA ARCserve data protection solution that is designed to simplify BDR for physical and virtual server environments, while significantly improving performance, scalability and flexibility.
The new release adds replication and virtualization capabilities for improved business continuity—making it ideally suited to SMBs as well as service providers seeking to quickly build or add to their data protection portfolios. According to a press release issued this morning by CA, enhancements include:
· Expanded Virtualization Support. CA ARCserve provides both VM-level and host-level backups for VMware servers, and it offers VM-level backups for Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer. Now customers can replicate both VM-level and host-level backups offsite for disaster recovery. It also now supports VMware vSphere 5.1.
· Remote Virtual Standby. This new feature enables customers to automatically replicate image-based backups to an offsite facility and convert them into bootable VMs. In addition to providing businesses with a way to rapidly restore critical systems offsite in the event of a site disaster, this capability enables MSPs to deliver managed services for business continuity.
· Improved Performance. Internal testing has shown that NTFS backup speeds have improved by 43%. Many customers should experience speed improvements which will empower them to deal with ever-shortening backup windows.
· Cascading Failover. For customers with the most stringent continuity requirements, CA ARCserve now offers the ability to replicate servers and their data to multiple onsite and/or remote failover servers. This “cascading failover” approach lets customers and MSPs alike leverage local resources for simple outages, while maintaining remote resources in one or more locations to protect themselves against local or even regional disasters.
· Extended Public Cloud Support. CA Technologies has expanded cloud support for backup migration to Microsoft Windows Azure, Fujitsu Global Cloud and Eucalyptus 3.0 and 3.1 based clouds, as well as Amazon Web Services EC2 for customers in Japan.
· Additional platform support. CA ARCserve r16.5 now provides backup, recovery, replication and high availability for Windows Server 2012/Windows 8 environments, including those using new Microsoft Windows features such as NTFS deduplication, Resilient File Systems (ReFS) and Storage Spaces.
To optimize purchasing, CA ARCserve can be licensed monthly on a Managed Capacity basis. Until March 31, 2013, new customers can take advantage of a competitive upgrade promotion which allows them to purchase an unlimited-use Managed Capacity license for their business for the next three years at a set price, regardless of any organic growth in their storage requirements.
MSPs can obtain CA ARCserve under the CA ARCserve MSP Licensing Program 3.0, which enables them to build compelling, profitable data protection services with no up-front costs or long-term commitments.