This morning, 8x8, Inc. announced a new version of their Virtual Office Desktop softphone application. This app, now available for current 8X8 customers, is a part of the company’s Virtual Office package and features a new user interface.
“While customers appreciate the convenience of quickly accessing 8x8’s unified communications app through any web browser, our most dedicated users wanted the absolute best call quality and user experience which can only be delivered through a native Windows or Mac application. I’m proud of the work our engineers and designers did to integrate so much capability in an easy-to-use app that’s designed for continuous use throughout the workday,” said 8x8 Senior Product Manager Phillip Liu, in a press release today.
A few additional updated features announced today include:
- Fax capabilities
- Social Media plug-ins
- Auto-launch functionality
- Improved call quality, including echo cancellation and better reception on low bandwidth connections.
- Updated User Interface, which is designed to be more compact and features a more intuitive log search function and history tab.
- Rings to both headset and computer speakers.
- Video conferencing and visual voicemail options available.
To learn more about the latest version of the 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop softphone application, please visit the site here.