Description: Using a consultative approach to sales, the Account Manager serves as the primary business contact for the client, while driving sales through strong customer relationships and proactive account management. The AM is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent the client needs and goals within the organization to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
The ideal candidate must be an energetic, self-reliant, goal-oriented team player, who is able to multi-task and possesses strong communication skills. The ability to represent SMB Nation with the highest levels of professionalism in public is paramount.
- Daily monitoring of various news alerts, press releases and/or product announcements in order to identify possible new business prospects
- Proactive account management of existing vendor/partners relationships, including sale of media and marketing programs in the SMBPC Magazine, online at www.smbnation.com and www.telephonation.com as well as sponsorships/exhibitor space/special programs for various events
- Determine the client's organizational/divisional structure to broaden the reach within the relationship
- Development of custom promotional programs for vendor/partners, including the research of each potential vendor/partners' interests, needs, key competitors and current marketing initiatives
- Identify SMB Nation prospects/clients that are ideal for cross branding partnerships
- New Business Development, including prospect identification, distribution of media kit(s)/marketing materials and sale of media and marketing programs in the SMBPC Magazine, online at www.smbnation.com and sponsorships/exhibitor space/special programs for various events
- Work with CEO and other internal teams to integrate marketing strategies, ensuring a consistent marketing "message" is conveyed
- Ensure that SMB Nation content hosted on clients' websites is presented according to SMB Nation Brand/Usage guidelines
- Daily, weekly and monthly contact with existing client base
- Obtain annual/monthly sales quotas as set by management
- Utilize the NetSuite SFA and Marketing functions to their greatest potential
- Measure advertising campaign and sponsorship performance to ensure that vendor/partners' goals are met and recommend campaign optimization tactics therein
- Provide monthly review of marketing and sales efforts to both SMB Nations' vendor/partners and internally to SMB Nations' Management Team(s), detailing success on goals, other accomplishments and challenges
- Drafting sales contracts, insertion orders and other sales and marketing related documents
- Write and submit RFP's for print and online media campaigns
- Manage online advertising and magazine advertising inventory
- Manage sponsorship/exhibitor space/special programs inventory for various events
- Facilitate invoice management
- Traveling to various conferences, workshops and tradeshows, including booth duty in SMB Nation booth
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills; flexibility to manage and maintain multiple projects
- Willing to go the extra mile to meet deadlines and achieve results
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in advertising sales/marketing coordination
- Solid PC skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe
- Previous success in a deadline driven environment
- Overnight travel required
Send Resume to:
The Data Analyst is responsible for database maintenance via entering new and/or updated customer and account information. This is an AMAZING INTERNSHIP position.
The Data Analyst position would primarily:
- Organize Dynamics CRM data, integrations and record merges.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Process customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Enter customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information.
- Maintain data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verify entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Test customer and account system changes and upgrades by inputting new data; reviewing output.
- Secure information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This position requires the following skillsets:
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a busy office setting.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- High attention to detail, in regards to grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
- Outstanding decision making/critical thinking/information analysis skills.
- Quick and accurate typing (at least 45 WPM with three or fewer mistakes).
- Understanding of company confidentiality policies.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is results-driven, with a high energy level, positive attitude, and someone who can work independently.
Minimum experience required:
- 12-18 months of experience in an office setting is highly encouraged.
- Advanced knowledge of basic clerical and administrative procedures.
- At least 12 months of experience with relevant computer CRM applications, such as SalesForce.
- Formal computer training an advantage.
This internship would require the following qualifications to perform the role in a competent manner:
- Familiarity with a busy office setting.
- High School Diploma required, though a bachelor’s degree or higher is encouraged.
- Proficiency in SalesForce or other CRM programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
This internship provides the opportunity for the ideal candidate to work either on-premise at our main office in Bainbridge Island, WA, AND/OR remotely. To be considered for remote work options, the candidate must pass a 3 month probationary period, during which time their supervisor will assess remote capabilities. Note that due to SMB Nation policy, remote work options may be revoked at any time, for any reason, including, but not limited to, lack of productivity or required presence in the office during busier event times.
This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
Send Resume to:
Sales Development Representative
As a Sales Development Rep (SDR), you will be responsible for developing and qualifying leads to the point of handoff to the sales force. You will maintain a thorough understanding of the Company's products and services, as well as industry and customer needs in order to identify appropriate prospects and quickly establish effective contacts. This is a high energy position requiring an individual who is extremely motivated, enthusiastic and results-driven. Attention to detail is a must. As a SDR, it will be critical for you to conduct business dealings with prospects in a way that creates a superior customer/prospect experience that will set the stage for future product sales.
This is a 90-day contract to permanent position.
Desired Skills & Experience
- High volume prospecting/calling into multiple organizations via cold-calling, networking, e-mail, as well as utilizing internet information sources to build and maintain a lead development pipeline.
- Articulate the Company's value proposition to decision-makers across multiple industries to assess buying interest.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the Company's offering -- and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers to successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Meet and exceed daily and weekly goals as well as deliver a high quantity of well qualified sales opportunities.
- Heavy use of CRM Application (Salesforce.com) including entry and management of all lead data and ensure data integrity. (Salesforce.com experience a plus)
- Excellent communication skills with a pleasant and confident phone voice to create a positive brand experience in all conversations.
- Ability to work in a high energy environment.
- Skilled in the utilization of Microsoft suite of products, especially Excel.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Experience with Salesforce.com a big plus
- Minimum of 1 year sales experience.
We are a 10 year old media company that serves technology clients through a magazine, events and Internet properties. Our clients include Microsoft, HP, Cisco and Intel. We value teamwork, honesty and integrity -- that is what has kept us as a leader in our space for over a decade.
If you are interested in working for an exciting, industry leading company with plenty of room for growth, we'd like to hear from you. Please send us your resume!