Cloud Continuity for PCs, SIRIS 4 and a Superior Partner Experience Showcased, Enabling Faster Performance and Ease of Use for MSPs
San Diego, California--DattoCon-- June 18, 2019 -- Datto, Inc., the leading global provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers (MSPs), today announced the availability of more than 20 new products and enhancements at DattoCon19, the largest open-ecosystem MSP-centric event in the world. The annual event, in its seventh year, attracted more than 2,900 attendees who simplify and manage technology for small businesses (SMBs) around the world.
“Our announcements today at DattoCon spotlight how Datto continues to innovate in our core product lines that are purpose-built for MSPs,” said Emily Glass, Chief Product Officer. “Prime examples include Datto’s cloud-first Cloud Continuity for PCs which extends our capabilities to protect all SMB data and Datto Networking’s new high-performance Layer 3 switches. These additions help MSPs address critical IT issues for clients while creating margin opportunities for partners to grow their managed services.”
Some highlights of the more than 20 new products or enhancements include:
● Cloud Continuity for PCs: Even with so much data being centralized on file servers and SaaS applications, a significant amount of important business data still lives on unprotected employee PCs. Cloud Continuity for PCs is an image-based, all-in-one business continuity solution for PCs that utilizes Datto’s new patent-pending technology. It takes continuous backups and protects critical PC data from ransomware attacks, lost or stolen devices or accidental deletion. MSPs can now recover individual files or an entire PC image without the need for a local appliance, access reliable backups of PC data, and virtualize backup images in the Datto Cloud. With this latest addition to Datto's award-winning Unified Continuity suite of products, MSPs now only need one vendor to protect all critical business data for SMBs.
● SIRIS 4: The next generation of Datto’s flagship BCDR appliances are here. Built for MSPs, SIRIS 4 is the most powerful, reliable, all-in-one BCDR solution to date. SIRIS 4 is optimized for MSP efficiency with improved backup resiliency and verification, enhanced virtualization performance, and increased device durability. These new devices include the Intel® Xeon® D Skylake and 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon Scalable Cascade Lake processors which feature additional cores and a dedicated write cache (SLOG). The enhanced computing power means the SIRIS 4 can virtualize 50 percent faster than previous devices, virtualize more agents per device, and ensure clients’ heavy-duty apps run seamlessly.
● Datto SaaS Protection for O365 with Vade Email Security: In partnership with Vade Secure, the global leader in predictive email defense for Office 365, Datto SaaS Protection users can now leverage AI-based threat detection, powered by threat intelligence from 600 million mailboxes globally to detect emerging phishing, spear phishing and malware attacks. Available bundled with Datto SaaS Protection, this offering provides advanced email filtering natively within Office 365.
● Improved Partner Experience with Datto SaaS Protection: Additional enhancements reinforce Datto’s commitment to an MSP-friendly SaaS Protection solution with a new pricing model and MSP incentives, a streamlined client onboarding process and a redesigned SaaS Protection Backup Status page with aggregate client metrics that saves time when checking account status.
● Layer 3 Switches and Enhanced Cloud Management: Datto Networking continues to be the most MSP-centric networking product line available on the market. The newly launched E310 Series Switches are fully cloud-managed and deliver enterprise performance at an affordable price. Partner-requested features include Layer 3 routing, 10Gb SFP+ with Direct Attach Cable (DAC) support, and enhanced security features, including support for 802.1x radius authentication. This next generation of switches enables Datto Networking partners to provide more options to their SMB clients and helps them deliver more powerful networking capabilities as managed services.
Also new is Network Manager--Datto Networking’s completely redesigned cloud management platform featuring a streamlined and more efficient layout, an audit log to track every management or system action taken, and events and alerts. This also includes native push notifications via the mobile application to inform MSPs of important device updates.
● Datto RMM HTML5 Remote Control Beta and Datto Networking Integration: MSPs often rely on remote takeover technology to troubleshoot for their clients. To improve this experience for Datto RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) partners, Datto announced the launch of the BETA of a brand new HTML5 based remote control technology that allows support technicians to remote control a device in under five seconds from any device using just their browser.
A new, native integration with Datto Networking opens the opportunity for MSPs to monitor and control all available network and power devices directly within Datto RMM. Also new is an entirely rewritten UI, beginning with user-configurable dashboards and the introduction of a new dark mode that will be applied throughout the platform in the coming months. The user interface will deliver new ways for MSPs to intuitively unlock data and work faster within their estate.
● Autotask PSA User Experience: All new account dashboards display a real-time executive summary of accounts within Autotask CRM, giving users an instant understanding of the health of their accounts and any actions that need to be taken. The new Opportunity UI provides users with a completely configurable layout of sales opportunities, including a timeline to display sales velocity, a checklist with steps to ensure conversion, and an “insights” rail to understand related items. LiveMobile 2.0 for Android was also announced and provides Android users with native PSA capabilities while in the field. Dark mode is now available throughout the product.
More product announcements announced at DattoCon19 can be found on Datto’s blog.
As the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered by Managed Service Providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers business continuity and disaster recovery, networking, business management, and file backup and sync solutions, and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of partners that provide Datto solutions to half a million businesses across more than 130 countries. Since its founding in 2007, Datto has earned hundreds of awards for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With global headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has international offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.