Gotta hand it to SherWeb, a scrappy indirect CSP, from the Great White North in Canada. It’s sharing several initiatives in day one of its annual confab called Accelerate in Montreal this week.
Figure 1: A few hundred MSPs have convened in Montreal during the same week cannabis was made federal legal in Canada but that’s a whole ‘nother story.
A couple highlights.
- UCaaS - A Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) Voip/telephone solution that has a connector that integrates with 365/Skype and Teams.
- New SherWeb Office 365 Plan (adding value to existing Office 365 plans):
- OfficeProtect - Security: Includes Office Protect (full 30-days)
- Online Backup: 1GB of online backup
- QuickHelp: 45-days of elearning, quick help, etc.
- G-suite Reseller Program
- Partner University – curriculum-based content for partners to learn more.
- Marketing Support. PartnerOn - leverage prepackaged marketing materials, select pre-packaging materials, make content on blog, Instagram, etc.
- SPIFF - investment increases in both offers and incentives. Especially in the UCaaS area.
- Internal Growth. Here’s one part I like a lot – SherWeb is reporting 40 percent year over year growth in headcount.
So here are some tips we can all benefit from in growing our MSP practices.
- • Increase Subscription-based Revenues (e.g. if 10% today, shoot for 20% recurring = 3x to 6x more value)
○ Shareholder value, stable and predictive cash-flow, rare opportunity
- • Activate and Cross-Sell. Easiest money you’ll ever make is to nurture existing clients.
- • The SMB Opportunity - number of SMB has doubled past 15-years. SMBs acknowledge they could spend more on technology…
Guest Speaker - Shane Gibson, Exponential Selling Strategies.
I was impressed with this guru.
3 sales processes success indicators…non-tribes - small segment in niche.
- Quality and consistency of lead flow
- Quality and depth of conversations
- Quality and tenacity of follow-up
In the next several blogs, I’ll be cutting to the video format and interview several diverse conference participants.