Join me as I interview Tony Perez (General Manager and Vice President of GoDaddy’s Security Product Group) and his new small business website focused on security. Spoiler alert – it’s all about the managed service provider (MSP) maintaining trust with the small business.
Perez and team’s ” Small Business Website Security Report “ Small Business Website Security Report report takes a double-click look at GoDaddy’s security research and analysis of over 65,000 infected website cleanup requests from small business customers across the globe, as well as a survey of very small businesses (between one and five employees) on their experiences and perspectives on security. Think of this as BIG DATA goes small.
Watch my interview HERE.
Click the pic to watch my interivew with Perez.
In the interview, and the report you can download here, some of the key finding are:
• Of the 1000 very small businesses surveyed, nearly half reported suffering a financial loss due to hacking. One in 8 say the loss was greater than $5000.
• Three in 10 small businesses who suffered a cyber breach reported they had to inform customers and clients.
• It’s not enough to clean up compromised files, hackers regularly create ‘backdoors’ on a compromised website, so they can secretly re-enter a platform even after a file cleanup.
• Malware/computer viruses and phishing are the most common types of attack and can target any aspect of a business.
• Of the 65,000 global website cleanup requests, half involved outdated software on the most commonly used platform and tools, WordPress and its content management system (CMS).
Download the full report here.
And be sure to watch the full interview HERE!